Since its founding in 2060 BS (2002 AD), the National Academy of Medical Sciences has been providing postgraduate (MD and MS) programs in medical sciences.
The NAMS is incorporated in Bir Hospital. As associated hospitals for the program, NAMS has chosen Maternity Hospital Thapathali, Kanti Children Hospital Maharajgunj, Nepal Army Hospital, Patan Hospital, and Nepal Eye Hospital.
Programs are being run in accordance with the agreement of understanding with these hospitals. At the moment, this institute accepts about 100 MD, MS, and MDS residents yearly.
In the past, Mahabaudha Nursing College was the name of the nursing program when it first began in 2013 BS.
In 2028 BS, the Mahabaudh Nursing College was integrated into the Tribhuwan University as part of Nepal’s new educational system.
Then, in 2044 BS, this program was moved to the Institute of Medicine Maharajgunj. A new BS nursing program with affiliation to Tribhuwan University began in 2046 at Bir Hospital.
The NAMS took over the nursing program after its formation in 2060.
A Master of Nursing degree will soon begin after the BS Post Basic Bachelor program in Nursing was introduced in 2062.
What are the eligibility criteria to get admission to the National Academy of Medical Sciences?
- Candidates must possess an MBBS or a degree equivalent that has been approved by the Nepal Medical Council.
- After temporary registration with the Medical Council, candidates should have at least two years of work experience in government, university, or other similar authorised hospitals.
- Candidates must receive a minimum of 50% on the written, multiple-choice entrance exam.
- Merit lists are used as the foundation for choosing candidates.
- Candidates must choose their preferred subjects on the admittance form.
What are the facilities in the National Academy of Medical Sciences?
Facilities at the National Academy of Medical Sciences in Nepal include:
- Completely furnished classrooms and a theatre with LCD projectors
- The library offers an assortment of books, magazines, journals, newspapers, CDs, and other materials.
- The pupils have access to a well-equipped computer lab with an internet connection. As a result, they can browse the internet and find useful information for projects or research.
- In addition to a machine room and instrument rooms with top-notch instruments, advanced laboratories are available for postgraduate courses.
- Garden of Medical Herbs: Students may use the medical plants that are growing here.
- For performing animal research, a facility housing rabbits, rats, mice, guinea pigs, etc.
What is the fee structure of the National Academy of Medical Sciences?
The National Academy of Medical Sciences in Nepal has increased the scope of its pharmacy program. The students that enroll here are developed ethically and given the self-assurance to face any scenario that may arise in their careers.
The pricing structure was created with the idea that students from various socioeconomic backgrounds could enrol here.
On the college’s website, information is available regarding the National Academy of Medical Sciences, Nepal’s fee schedule for all programs, including diplomas, certificates, graduation, and postgraduate studies.
The National Academy of Medical Sciences, Nepal’s self-financing price system aids students who cannot afford to pay all of their tuition at once.
The terms of the payments are established, allowing the students to pay the fees more easily over time.
Why should you choose the National Academy of Medical Sciences?
The National Academy of Medical Sciences tuition costs in Nepal are comparable to those at other prestigious universities.
Regarding the MBBS pricing structure, there are some institutions where the students must pay the MBBS fees at the start of the academic year.
There are additional overhead costs, such as hostel fees, that must be covered. In the nation, going to college still costs a lot of money.
Without minimising the value of earning credentials, these costs must be covered if you want to guarantee the calibre of your education and the benefits that will follow.
Being connected to a reputable university will later make a mark on your resume.
Contact Us To Study MBBS in Nepal
+91 95647 33330 || +977 98160 70344