Nepal is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Situated in the heart of the Himalayas, it is a landlocked country with an area of 147,181 square kilometers.
The population of Nepal is approximately 27.8 million. The official language of Nepal is Nepali and the currency is Nepalese Rupee. Nepal is a beautiful country with a rich culture and tradition. It is a land of mountains and glaciers, with eight of the world’s ten tallest mountains, including Mount Everest, located within its borders.
Nepal is also home to some of the world’s rarest and most endangered wildlife, including the snow leopard, red panda, and Asiatic lion.
Nepal has a diverse range of colleges and universities offering MBBS courses.
Let us first discuss how to apply for MBBS in Nepal-
The process of applying for MBBS in Nepal is as follows:
- The first step is to get in touch with the concerned department or college to get the necessary information and application forms.
- The next step is to fill up the application form and submit it along with the required documents to the department or college.
- Once the application is received, the department or college will issue an admit card to the applicant.
- The applicant will then have to appear for the entrance examination conducted by the department or college.
- After clearing the entrance examination, the applicant will be called for the interview.
- Once the interview is cleared, the applicant will be given admission to the MBBS course in Nepal.
Some of the most popular colleges and universities for MBBS in Nepal are as follows:
Tribhuvan University is the oldest and largest university in Nepal. It was established in 1959 and currently has more than 60,000 students enrolled in its various programs. The university offers a five-and-a-half-year MBBS program.
Kathmandu University was established in 1991 and is one of the leading universities in Nepal. It offers a five-year MBBS program.
Pokhara University was established in 1996 and is one of the leading universities in Nepal. It offers a five-year MBBS program.
The admission requirements for MBBS in Nepal vary from college to college but the general requirements are as follows:
- The applicant must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects.
- The applicant must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology combined.
- The applicant must have cleared the entrance examination conducted by the respective university. The applicant must be a citizen of Nepal.
The admission process for MBBS in Nepal generally starts in the month of August and ends in the month of October. The entrance examination is generally held in the month of November. The selected candidates are then required to appear for an interview which is held in the month of December. The final list of selected candidates is usually released in the month of January.
The tuition fees for MBBS in Nepal vary from college to college but the average tuition fees is approximately NPR 20,000 per year. The total cost of MBBS in Nepal is approximately NPR 10 lakhs.
Contact Us To Study MBBS in Nepal
+91 95647 33330 || +977 98160 70344